I have had a really hard time staying on track lately. We've had a lot going on within the family and have had to make a lot of hard decisions. I have always turned to food for comfort....not sure why...but I know that when I feel stressed or uncomfortable I eat. When I'm bored, I eat. When I don't know what else to do, I eat. It's the one thing I can control and being a control freak I seek that. It never fixes anything, in fact I always feel worse. I wouldn't call what i do "binge" eating....I don't find anything and everything to eat....I simply make poor choices when it comes to making food choice. I snack more and eat whatever I want.
I have spent too much time learning what my body likes and needs to throw it all away. I know that I feel better and my skin looks better when I drink a gallon of water a day. I know that when I am eating my veggies instead of white carbs I have more energy and I'm not hungry as often. I know that I don't like to feel full, I like to feel satisfied. When I make poor food choices I throw all of what I have learned to the side and instead I eat instead of drinking my water, I eat to feel full and not satisfied and I indulge in the white carbs rather than eating my veggies!
I have a very long road a head of me...I have two kids that are depending on me to show them how to live! I want them to know how to make the good choices and how to have the courage and the will to turn away from the bad choices.
I am looking forward to the future near and far....I have some fears I have to face. I have to find the strength daily....I have to find the strength to make the right choices, to exercise as often as possible. I have to find the strength to have the will power I need.
It's such a long process, so hard to stay motivated.
No comments:
Post a Comment