Friday, March 2, 2012

Excuses, Goals and Me

I've had all the excuses for so long and it's time to give them up! This is where I plan to document my weightloss and rant to my hearts content! Before I get started though I will tell you a little about myself.

I am a mom to two crazy boys...my oldest is 5 and my youngest is 18 months. I am a wife to an even crazier man. I am a stay at home mom. I live in Alaska. I don't have many friends. I am a Mormon. I don't have any family within 263 miles and even then it's extended family by marriage.

When I graduated from high school I could squeeze into a size 12 but was most comfortable in a 13/14. I'm not sure how mush I weighed....guessing 175-185. The summer I graduated (at the age of 17) I started birth control....I ballooned up to a size 16/18/20....after marrying my high school sweetheart I got pregnant....my starting weight for my first pregnancy was 253lbs (I was 19). During my pregnancy I lost 32 lbs. At my very last OB appointment before I delivered my baby boy I weighed 221lbs. I gained it back pretty quickly and tried my hardest to lose over and over again for a couple of years. When my son was 2 1/2 i started taking a supplement that help to repress my appetite and burn fat. It worked, I took it for a total of 4 months and lost  27 lbs. I went from a size 20 to a size 14! I was so happy! BUT I quickly got pregnant (thanks to the weight loss my hormones were back to normal levels allowing my cycles to actually work!) and gained it all back!!!! Now 2 1/2 years later I am ready to start again.....

Here is how this will work: I will weigh-in once a week, most likely Sunday's....I may not post till Monday though. I will post my starting weight and my starting inches this Sunday March 4th. I will post my weight weekly and my inches monthly. I will check-in every so often with tips and recipes.

My Goal:

I would like to lose 75 lbs bringing me down to roughly 175lbs. My goal is to wear size 10 jeans.

I will count every calorie I put into my body eating 1200-1400 calories daily.
I will use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for the first 30-40 days. I will then start the Couch 2 5K program and will also use P90X. I am choosing to run only during the spring/summer/fall months leaving me only 6 months of outdoor running!

I hope to be to my goal weight one year from today....March 2, 2013.

I hope you will follow my journey....the ups and downs of this mom trying to find herself and the woman she knows she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment