Happy Monday. I was dreading the scale this morning. I laid in bed as long as my kids would allow for fear that I would walk into my bathroom and have gained this week.
Here's what my week looked like last week:
The husband took his very first paid vacation (as in he's never been paid for time off before! One of the many perks of his job....2 weeks paid vacation a year....he redeemed one week last week....)
Spring Break---the 5 year old was home all week.
We had a great week and really enjoyed the family time. BUT, I lost my resolve a couple of times and went over my calorie allotment. By no means was I over-eating....just more than I have been allowing myself!
No excuses is my new motto...so no excuses. I should have been better, but I wasn't. The fear I felt this morning came from knowing that if I had gained it would have been my fault. PERIOD. I didn't want to feel like a failure this morning.
So, here it is....this AM's weigh-in----
The scale read 239.0!!!!
I LOST 1.6 LBS.
No if's, ands, or buts.
I'm not going to tell you that it's disappointing to only lose 1.6 lbs in a week. What I am going to tell you is that a loss is a loss and I am proud of that 1.6 lbs. I wish this weight was melting off as fast as the snow out my back door is melting....but it didn't appear over night, and won't go away over night!
Here's to a new week, better resolve and the confidence that hard work and strict calorie counting will bring rewards.
Happy Spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment